Companies that are looking at South Africa as a possible business destination need a legal partner with a thorough understanding of the country’s legal landscape and its business environment.
Whether you’re thinking about expanding your business operations into South Africa, or whether you’re already here, we can assist you with all your legal requirements and ensure that your interests are always protected.
The practitioners at CTBH Advisory have gained their extensive experience at global firms. As a small, hands-on team, we can offer clients the same valuable advice in a pragmatic and cost-efficient manner.
Not only will we ease the process of setting up business, but once you’ve established your base in South Africa, we will step alongside you to ensure that your business remains compliant with the everchanging local legislation. The team at CTBH Advisory will act as your general counsel and take care of your legal matters, while you focus on your core business.
We understand the challenges of establishing and conducting business operations in South Africa.
CTBH Advisory is a Level 4 B-BBEE Contributor
What we do
At CTBH Advisory, we offer comprehensive legal advice to our clients to minimise your legal risk while doing business in South Africa.
Our services range from ad hoc general legal advice to providing a full range of legal services that include corporate law, competition law, employment law, litigation, mining law, and much more. We provide these services across the spectrum from individual investors to multinationals.
Corporate and commercial transactions
- General commercial contracts
- Corporate governance advice
- Advice on the Companies Act
Mining compliance and regulatory advice
General consultation on mining compliance and regulatory
- Annual review and audit compliance of Social Labour Plan
- Annual provision and implementation of Compliance Action Plan
Social Labour Plan services
- Human Resource Development Plan
- Employment equity
- Housing and living conditions
- Local economic development
- Financial provisions
Attending Section 92 Inspections with DMRE
- Preparing presentation for Section 92 inspection
- Meeting with DMRE, municipality, and community
- Workshop on quarterly and annual reports for submission to DMRE
- Drafting of quarterly report and submission of reports to DMRE
- Drafting of annual report and submission of reports to DMRE
- Advice on best form of dispute resolution
- Alternative dispute resolution
- General commercial litigation
- Sworn translations from Mandarin to English
- Sworn translations from English to Mandarin
- Authentication of documents
- BEE structuring
- Empowerment funding
- Hosting B-BBEE training workshops and seminars
- B-BBEE solution-orientated services (skills and/or ESD-based models)
- B-BBEE advisory services and stakeholder relations management
- Employment equity services and facilitating of skills development
- Developing a BEE strategy, policy, and processes
- Project management of enterprise development
- Strategy, advisory, pre-audit preparation
CTBH has been our legal counsel for a while. As a foreign investor, it’s imperative that we work with a firm that understands the local laws and, more importantly, can simplify complex legal terms. Even though the firm specialises in commercial and general contracts, we also rely on Charles to guide us in other areas of law, such as labour, real estate development, and litigation. He lives the principle of ‘clients first’. We appreciate what he does for us and are certain that our relationship will go far.
Charles was the first attorney I contacted when I transferred to South Africa. He handles all our commercial contracts, including negotiating with the counterparty to ensure our risks are minimised and our rights are fully protected. He is very efficient, really goes the extra mile for us, and I can contact him any time of the day. We’re glad to have him as our legal counsel, and also as a friend.
Charles is excellent at what he does, especially in the field of commercial contracts and negotiations. He is meticulous and treats his work with the highest level of professionalism. He was very involved in our lengthy negotiations with MTN; made more demanding because they had to take place virtually. Yet he remained patient and was instrumental in assisting us to finalise the agreement. A very professional and dedicated Chinese attorney whom we highly recommend to other clients.
CTBH’s legal practitioners have been our legal representatives in South Africa for over four years, assisting us with commercial law and litigation. They are professional, thorough and knowledgeable, have an impeccable work ethic and always uphold our company brand and reputation. I would not hesitate to recommend them to any company requiring legal counsel.